Old 20-08-2008, 03:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Psychopsis papilio - an orchid.

Psychopsis papilio
I often wonder what type of insect this orchid would attract?
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Psychopsis papilio - an orchid.-psychopsis-papilio-x-papilio-1843-dsc02426.jpg
Old 02-11-2008, 04:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Hi Wendy,
Until just now, I haven't been subscribed to this newsgroup since I had
to change news servers.
Since I'm using Motzarella right now, very nearly every post, out of 481
showing, starts with ..............
That is because Motzarella isn't supposed to allow pictures. The only
original posts I am seeing are a few who didn't actually attach a
picture and 2 pictures from you, including this one. Both were posted on
the same date, and some how managed to get through.
Mostly just saying Hi. I'll be on a better server eventually and I'll be
able to see all the pictures.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Stupid Motzarella server kept saying it couldn't send or connect. Also
couldn't connect to retrieve new messages. When it finally did let me
check for new messages, there was mine twice, even though it was still
here in another window waiting for me to try sending it again.

Steve

Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Oh Hi Steve,
Fancy meeting you here in the gardens. Welcome! Great
people & photos here too.
I haven't posted orchids here except by mistake *G*
Nobody on this group has mentioned being shut out by their ISP's which is
why I don't understand,
why it is just our orchids group?
I sure hope things get settled soon.
Cheers Wendy

Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Nobody mentions being shut out by their ISP because they either found an
alternative way to get here or they can't get here to complain.
My ISP (Time-Warner/ Roadrunner) shut down their news server completely,
not just the binaries. Your ISP can't stop you from finding a different
news server. Mostly I'm looking for a free server and Motzarella is
pretty good except for that "little" problem of not doing pictures!

Steve

Old 03-11-2008, 02:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:13:28 -0800, "Wendy7" wrote:

Oh, thanks for explaining, then my ISP is Cox so how do I find out
what "News Server" I am using?
Cheers Wendy

(snip)

It appears that Cox is still supplying their own news service. I was
going to tell you how to read the message header, but I never heard of
Microsoft mail being used as a newsreader. In your help section you
may find something to display message headers.

What I see from yours is as follows:

From: "Wendy7"
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Subject: Psychopsis papilio - an orchid.
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:13:28 -0800
Old 03-11-2008, 04:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks guys, thats it, Windows Mail on Vista?
Gosh I wish I could grasp this computer jargon.
Thanks again,
Cheers Wendy

From: "Wendy7"
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens