GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Not much happening here so ... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/178138-not-much-happening-here-so.html)

Mary Fisher 26-08-2008 03:46 PM

Not much happening here so ...

1 Attachment(s)

.... this was a lichen growing on the horizontal, very exposed sunny wall of
a concrete dam at Alta, Norway. I was pushed for time so gave no though to
scale. The main mass was about 1 - 1/2" diameter.

I've tried to find the type but with no luck, sorry.

There will be more. While everyone else was taking pictures of the lovely
views and each other standing by them I was often on my belly trying to
focus on something low growing.

Most things were low-growing in the Arctic :-)

Mary