GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hippeastrum-6368 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/179135-hippeastrum-6368-a.html)

Maroochy 12-10-2008 04:59 AM

Hippeastrum-6368

1 Attachment(s)

Omelet[_4_] 12-10-2008 06:12 AM

Hippeastrum-6368

In article ,
"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

begin 666 b-6368-hippeastrum-07-10-08-30-400.jpg
[Image]

end

Related to Amaryllis?

Nice pic. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein

Maroochy 12-10-2008 08:07 AM

Hippeastrum-6368

Omelet wrote:

Related to Amaryllis?

One and the same, I believe amaryllis is actually an incorrect name, though
widely used in the Northern Hemisphere, I've only ever known them as
Hippeastrums, the Belladonna Lily is the only true Amaryllis :-)

Nice pic. :-)

Thanks.

Omelet[_4_] 12-10-2008 08:27 AM

Hippeastrum-6368

Omelet wrote:

Related to Amaryllis?

One and the same, I believe amaryllis is actually an incorrect name, though
widely used in the Northern Hemisphere, I've only ever known them as
Hippeastrums, the Belladonna Lily is the only true Amaryllis :-)

Nice pic. :-)

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.! :-) I'm always up for an education. g

Mary Fisher 12-10-2008 10:00 AM

Hippeastrum-6368

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

These things trumpet out for a camera don't they! Irresistible. I must have
hundreds. Pictures, I mean :-)

And well done for naming it properly!

Mary

Omelet[_4_] 17-10-2008 10:56 PM

Hippeastrum-6368

In article ,
"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

begin 666 b-6368-hippeastrum-07-10-08-30-400.jpg
[Image]

end

Those have a nice color combo.
Mine's not bloomed this year. Not enough water.