GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pink (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/179719-pink.html)

idle bear 13-11-2008 05:22 AM

pink

common sight on the dunes Maroochydore/Cotton Tree
anyone know what its called?
can i grow it in a pot? (need stuff that wont die of thirst)

Maroochy 13-11-2008 06:16 AM

pink

idle bear wrote:
common sight on the dunes Maroochydore/Cotton Tree
anyone know what its called?
can i grow it in a pot? (need stuff that wont die of thirst)

Pig face (Carpobrotus glaucescens) and yes.

Suzie-Q 14-11-2008 05:53 AM

pink

In article ,
"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

idle bear wrote:
common sight on the dunes Maroochydore/Cotton Tree
anyone know what its called?
can i grow it in a pot? (need stuff that wont die of thirst)

Pig face (Carpobrotus glaucescens) and yes.

I would have said "ice plant." We had that - or something
that looked like that - all over San Francisco when I was
a kid. It's probably still there, but I'm not. :-(

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

Garrapata 14-11-2008 06:36 PM

pink

idle bear wrote:
common sight on the dunes Maroochydore/Cotton Tree
anyone know what its called?
can i grow it in a pot? (need stuff that wont die of thirst)

Pig face (Carpobrotus glaucescens) and yes.

I would have said "ice plant." We had that - or something
that looked like that - all over San Francisco when I was
a kid. It's probably still there, but I'm not. :-(

There are different species in California. We have
Carpobrotus edulis and chilensis.
--

09=ix