GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frangipani flower-9730-Orton Effect (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/180319-frangipani-flower-9730-orton-effect.html)

Maroochy 15-12-2008 12:45 PM

Frangipani flower-9730-Orton Effect

1 Attachment(s)

wendy7 15-12-2008 05:05 PM

Frangipani flower-9730-Orton Effect

Ok Barb, I have to find out, what exactly is Orton Effect?
This pic is more like mine, a little on the fuzzy side no?
Still lovely plumerias.
Cheers Wendy

Maroochy 15-12-2008 11:16 PM

Wendy7 wrote:
Ok Barb, I have to find out, what exactly is Orton Effect?

It's a processing effect, using layers, Gaussian blur and blending
modes...lots of info on Google.

This pic is more like mine, a little on the fuzzy side no?

Yes, attached is original photo.

Still lovely plumerias.

Thanks Wendy.

Mary Fisher 16-12-2008 11:00 AM

Wendy7 wrote:
Ok Barb, I have to find out, what exactly is Orton Effect?

It's a processing effect, using layers, Gaussian blur and blending
modes...lots of info on Google.

This pic is more like mine, a little on the fuzzy side no?

Yes, attached is original photo.

Still lovely plumerias.

Thanks Wendy.

You know, I think I prefer the original!

Still, it's instructive to know what's possible, thank you.

Mary

Garrapata 16-12-2008 06:54 PM

Frangipani flower-9730-Orton Effect

It's a processing effect, using layers, Gaussian blur and blending
modes...lots of info on Google.

In the 'Old Days' (film) photographers would apply a thin layer of
Vaseline to the lens to achieve a slightly fuzzy, soft effect
--

09=ix

Maroochy 16-12-2008 11:40 PM

Garrapata wrote:
It's a processing effect, using layers, Gaussian blur and blending
modes...lots of info on Google.

In the 'Old Days' (film) photographers would apply a thin layer of
Vaseline to the lens to achieve a slightly fuzzy, soft effect

Yes, these days it's done with PSP or PS or whatever. :-)

Maroochy 16-12-2008 11:41 PM

Frangipani flower-9730-Orton Effect

Jangchub wrote:
Next spring would you be interested in trading a rooted cutting of
your yellow and white Plumeria for a potted, rooted Brugmansia?

I love Plumeria, but mine just dropped dead last year. I can't find
the yellow locally.
Victoria

I'd like to help Victoria, but I'm in Australia and we have very strict
customs laws when it comes to plants.