GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   manerheim.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/180367-manerheim-jpg.html)

Nemo[_2_] 17-12-2008 10:17 PM

manerheim.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

Nemo[_3_] 18-12-2008 01:43 PM

manerheim.jpg

joevan wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:17:53 +0200, Nemo
wrote:

Where, what and who?

http://www.usenet.com

Finland. Lohisaari if I remember right.
The Mansion of former general Mannerheim
The Mansion has 2 floors and a basement.
The one is left in the 16th century and the other in the 18th century.
Big difference in colors and light.
16th century was much darker, heavier and depressing
I could post all the pictures I took last Summer ( 2008) when I was with
my class there. All of them will have the Public Domain No copyrights note.

Nemo[_3_] 18-12-2008 01:53 PM

manerheim.jpg

joevan wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:17:53 +0200, Nemo
wrote:

Where, what and who?

http://www.usenet.com

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louhisaari
Main building build in 1655
Carl Erik Mannerheim bought the house in 1795
http://www.nba.fi/fi/louhisaari_sisaarkkitehtuuri
http://www.nba.fi/fi/louhisaaren_kartanolinna
http://www.nba.fi/fi/louhisaari_museokierros
And the other buildings belonging to the property

http://www.muuka.com/finnishpumpkin/..._mwloa_fi.html