GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Giant Sunflowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/180388-giant-sunflowers.html)

sunflower_info 19-12-2008 04:57 AM

Giant Sunflowers

6 Attachment(s)
Pictures of some giant sunflowers I've had over the years.

Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] 19-12-2008 02:32 PM

Giant amaranth pictures

sunflower_info wrote:
Here are pictures of giant amaranth plants I've had over the years.

Good grief!

Do they grow that size in one season?

--
Wolf Kirchmeir

wendy7 19-12-2008 05:54 PM

Giant amaranth pictures

Wow, thanks for showing the pics, I was curious & googled so here is one
link. Interesting info.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

Cheers Wendy

"sunflower_info" wrote in
message ...

someone 26-12-2008 12:34 AM

Giant amaranth pictures

Why has the original post been deleted? For what reason? I was looking
forward to seeing it.

someone

sunflower_info 06-01-2009 05:07 AM

The tallest amaranth I had starting them indoors in the very early spring is 23 feet 2 inches tall. The tallest amaranth I've had from a direct sowing in spring is 21 feet tall. These plants are also capable of producing huge stalks. I've seen stalks over 6 feet around in a single season. This is a scary, big plant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] (Post 825557)