GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dec20-A - 20087207_Winter-Garden.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/180409-dec20-20087207_winter-garden-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 20-12-2008 09:17 PM

Dec20-A - 20087207_Winter-Garden.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

Not withstanding those of you in the southern hemisphere surrounded
with beautiful blooms at this time of year, here is the view in my
garden today.

JD

Janet Conroy 20-12-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John - Pa. (Post 825612)
Not withstanding those of you in the southern hemisphere surrounded
with beautiful blooms at this time of year, here is the view in my
garden today.

JD

John : I love dogwoods. Is that cornus alba Sibirica? They look great.

Joan F \(MI\)[_74_] 20-12-2008 11:30 PM

Dec20-A - 20087207_Winter-Garden.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
Well, if you're going to start this, here's my backyard, hanging planters
and containers on the right. Not very artistic.

John - Pa. 21-12-2008 01:00 AM

Dec20-A - 20087207_Winter-Garden.jpg

Maybe we should send Barbara a box of that white stuff.

Joan F \(MI\)[_75_] 21-12-2008 02:05 AM

Dec20-A - 20087207_Winter-Garden.jpg

I have plenty to spare.

John - Pa. 21-12-2008 09:17 AM

Dec20-A - 20087207_Winter-Garden.jpg

Yes, that is what it is. I've had this stand of 12 in for a few years.
I cut it back to within a few inches of the ground in spring and I
pinch the shoots to get them to bush-out as much as possible. I don't
get many flowers that way, but point is the winter color. I notice
that they seem to get brighter as the weather gets colder.

Maroochy 21-12-2008 10:43 AM

John - Pa. wrote:
Maybe we should send Barbara a box of that white stuff.

Err, thanks but no thanks. :-)