GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yummy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/181232-yummy.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 15-02-2009 01:05 AM

Yummy

1 Attachment(s)

Donn Thorson 15-02-2009 12:18 PM

Yummy

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

begin 666 Yummy.jpg
[Image]

end

Outstanding pictures...I haven't been able to get the close-ups like
you. They are fast little creatures (and I'm big and slow). What
equipment are you using? Really outstanding...

-Donn

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 15-02-2009 06:45 PM

Yummy

"Donn Thorson" wrote in message

Outstanding pictures...I haven't been able to get the close-ups like you.
They are fast little creatures (and I'm big and slow). What equipment are
you using?

Thanks. My equipment isn't really all that exotic at all. I've got a
mid-priced Nikon D80 --- a couple notches below a pro camera.

I've got several lenses but I find my best luck is not when I put on a
telephoto and shoot from a distance. It's better to use the "normal" lens
and get up close. That's not as hard as it sounds. Hummers are pretty much
fearless and will even eat out of your hand.
--
Pat Durkin