Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Flowers: - Sunflowers-Arikara-2-web.jpg (1/1)

Sunflowers: 2008
I've grown large stands of sunflowers for the past six or seven years.
My favorite has been Arikara, a multiple-headed variety that is said to
have originated with the Arikara Indians. These sunflowers grow eight to
ten feet tall.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunflowers-Arikara-2-web.jpg (183.8 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-03-2009, 03:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Donn Thorson" wrote
: Sunflowers: 2008
: I've grown large stands of sunflowers for the past six or seven years.
: My favorite has been Arikara, a multiple-headed variety that is said to
: have originated with the Arikara Indians. These sunflowers grow eight to
: ten feet tall.

A couple questions...

Just curious. Do you know which camera took the picture? Someone told
their editing software to remove the EXIF info or perhaps the image
ended up scanned in through a scanner, but I imagine there'd still
be some EXIF data.

Do you remove that data or does your software editor remove the data?

Thanks. Very nice picture. Thanks for the extra details about the
Arikara Indian tribe.

--
Jim Carlock
Natural Cure For Pink-Eye (Conjunctivitis/Stye/Hordeolum)

PS:
Natural Cure For Epilepsy (Anyone want to talk about this?)
I treat epilepsy with three herbs and a multi-vitamin but I
believe only there's only a need for the multi-vitamin and
one of the herbs and possibly only for the herb itself. I'm
interested in this topic.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article om,
"Jim Carlock" wrote:

"Donn Thorson" wrote
: Sunflowers: 2008
: I've grown large stands of sunflowers for the past six or seven years.
: My favorite has been Arikara, a multiple-headed variety that is said to
: have originated with the Arikara Indians. These sunflowers grow eight to
: ten feet tall.

A couple questions...

Just curious. Do you know which camera took the picture? Someone told
their editing software to remove the EXIF info or perhaps the image
ended up scanned in through a scanner, but I imagine there'd still
be some EXIF data.

Do you remove that data or does your software editor remove the data?

Thanks. Very nice picture. Thanks for the extra details about the
Arikara Indian tribe.

I've used various cameras to take the photos. From 2008 to the present I
use a Canon XTi (10MP) and various lenses (sunflowers were mainly an
older Canon EOS 35-105 or a Tamrom 70-300 macro). Before 2008 I used
mainly point and shoot cameras: Kodak DX4530 (2005-2007), Minolta DiMage
Z1 (2001-2007), Canon Digital Elph S100 (2000-2005), and a Kodak DC265
Professional (1999-2001).
I am from the era of film cameras and have a Canon EOS 1N, Yashica Mat,
and Mamiya RB67...plan to scan some negatives this summer.

For these postings I run the "raw" files in Adobe Photoshop, downsize
them and tweak then using the Noise Ninja plug-in, and save them for the
web. All of that nukes the EXIF data.

Thanks,

Donn