Old 30-03-2009, 10:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Double Bird of Paradise

When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of Paradise
were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Attached Thumbnails
Double Bird of Paradise-bird-paradise-double-m.jpg
Old 31-03-2009, 02:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Williams wrote:
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of
Paradise were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically
no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Superb image. They grow like weeds here too.

Old 31-03-2009, 08:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Maroochy wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of
Paradise were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically
no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Superb image. They grow like weeds here too.

Thank you, Barbara.
Local Birds are in full bloom now and will stay that way for several
more months.
Bob

Old 31-03-2009, 08:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Basketweaver wrote:
Striking photo, Bob.

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of Paradise
were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Thanks BW.
I think the black background makes the Bird's plumage "POP".
Bob