GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid 3 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/182320-orchid-3-a.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 04-04-2009 05:07 PM

Orchid 3

1 Attachment(s)

Donn Thorson 05-04-2009 11:36 AM

Orchid 3

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

begin 666 Orchid 3.jpg
[Image]

end

Really excellent photos..All!
-Donn

wendy7 05-04-2009 05:16 PM

Orchid 3

Yes, wonderful closeup shots Pat. Do you use a special lens for
these. I mainly photograph orchids & would love to get decent macro's.
Cheers Wendy

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 05-04-2009 07:33 PM

Orchid 3

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes, wonderful closeup shots Pat. Do you use a special lens for these.
I mainly photograph orchids & would love to get decent macro's.

Cheers Wendy

Quite often I use my regular lens but in this case I did have my 60mm
installed and it has macro capabilities but technically this isn't really a
macro photo. I was fairly close to the orchid --- somewhere between 12" and
18" --- I didn't measure, but I was NOT using the macro focusing capability
as I recall. I like to get in as close as my lens will let me get so that I
can keep cropping down to a minimum.
--
Pat