Old 30-04-2009, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default 3D Iris

Stare at these for a few seconds and gradually let your eyes cross. Three
pictures will appear. Concentrate on the one in the middle.
--
Pat

Attached Thumbnails
3D Iris-3d-iris.jpg

Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"D&JG" wrote in message
How did you take the photo?

It's actually two photos. I shot the first one, then moved the camera a
couple of inches and shot the second one.
--
Pat

Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"D&JG" wrote in message
How did you take the photo?

It's actually two photos. I shot the first one, then moved the camera a
couple of inches and shot the second one.

Aha, that's what I thought you did. ;-) Tricky. Well done!

Some years ago there was an article in a photo mag about making a tripod
gizmo to make this sideways movement easy and accurate. A "fat T" shaped
flat bar, about 1/8" thick, with the standard threaded hole in the
(short) leg of the T, plus a slot about 3" long (or longer) in the T-bar
for a thumbscrew to pass through into the camera's tripod mount. Mount
the bar on the tripod, then the camera at one end of the T. take the
pic, loosen the thumbscrew, and slide the camera over, and etc. It was
up to you to line up the camera with the bar each time. This is one of
those projects I'm going to make Real Soon Now. ;-)

NB that human eye spacing is about 2" to 2.5". This is therefore the
minimum spacing of the two pictures for a good stereo effect, but the
greater the spacing, the stronger the stereo effect.

You can also get a good stereo effect by taping two single-use cameras
together side by side, the lenses end up being about 3" apart.

HTH

wolf k.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 01 May 2009 13:06:40 -0400, Wolf K
wrote:

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"D&JG" wrote in message
[...]

I guess because of having to wear glasses the only way I can view the
3 d pic. is to use my antique stereopticon. I get the picture trimmed
down so that I can view it on the screen.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 1 May 2009 17:20:15 -0400, "Basketweaver"
wrote:

I trick I tried that worked fairly well was to take one photo with my weight
on my left foot then take the second with my weight shifted to my right
foot.

That is a cool trick. Thanks.
"Wolf K" wrote in message
om...

Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:
[...]
I guess because of having to wear glasses the only way I can view the
3 d pic. is to use my antique stereopticon. I get the picture trimmed
down so that I can view it on the screen.

Cross your eyes slightly, then slowly uncross them. The two pics will
merge into a stereo image. Takes a little practice... ;-)

cheers,

wolf k.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Hi there Pam, I am wondering if one could achieve the same result by
simply copying a pic & pasting the two images on a page eh?
Cheers Wendy

That won't work, because the two pics must show the subject from
slightly different angles. When Paddy shifted the camera sideways for
the second shot, he changed the angle of view. If you look ate Paddy's
stereo-pair more closely you will see that they are not identical.

cheers,

wolf k.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
Stare at these for a few seconds and gradually let your eyes cross. Three
pictures will appear. Concentrate on the one in the middle.
--
Pat

Works for me. Only the black dot (which has moved) is a little distracting.
Such fun, all you have to do is move a little bit this way or that (as
Basketweaver said).

someone