GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mantis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/183544-mantis.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 13-05-2009 12:02 AM

Mantis

1 Attachment(s)

Wolf K[_2_] 13-05-2009 12:26 AM

Mantis

Paddy's Pig wrote:

The mother that thinks her kids are just delicious... ;-)

wolf k.

Suzie-Q 13-05-2009 12:38 AM

Mantis

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

begin Mantis.jpg
[Image]

end

Lovely!

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

wendy7 13-05-2009 01:08 AM

Mantis

Oh oh! Is this in your garden Pat? Did you know they are the Humming birds
predator.
Cheers Wendy

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 13-05-2009 01:24 AM

Mantis

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Oh oh! Is this in your garden Pat? Did you know they are the Humming birds
#1predator.

Yeah. A large mantis can take down a hummer. And they're just about the
ONLY predator for adult hummers (I'm not counting nest raiders like crows or
jays, etc.). This one is not in my garden but at the Fullerton Arboretum.
And it was pretty big - maybe 2-3/4" or 3" long - but I don't think that's
big enough to do the deed.
--
Pat

e+d[_2_] 13-05-2009 07:13 AM