GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   May31-A - 09A_2337_Centranthus.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/184323-may31-09a_2337_centranthus-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 01-06-2009 12:05 AM

May31-A - 09A_2337_Centranthus.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
Centranthus ruber

One of my favorite flowers is just starting to open. This is aka "red
valerian" or "jupiters beard". I started this stand from seed several
years ago, and I have also been successfully propagating by cuttings.
Its heaviest flowering is in June, here, but there are some flowers on
it all summer. That is a stand of Agastache, "golden jubilee" in the
background, by the way.

Canon 1DmkIII; EF70-200mm f2.8L IS; 200mm; ISO-200; f10; 1/60-sec

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 01-06-2009 12:14 AM

May31-A - 09A_2337_Centranthus.jpg

"John - Pa." wrote in message
Centranthus ruber

Marvelous John. I expect this out of you.
--
Pat

Garrapata 05-06-2009 04:54 AM

May31-A - 09A_2337_Centranthus.jpg

Centranthus ruber

One of my favorite flowers is just starting to open. This is aka "red
valerian" or "jupiters beard". I started this stand from seed several
years ago, and I have also been successfully propagating by cuttings.
Its heaviest flowering is in June, here, but there are some flowers on
it all summer. That is a stand of Agastache, "golden jubilee" in the
background, by the way.

Canon 1DmkIII; EF70-200mm f2.8L IS; 200mm; ISO-200; f10; 1/60-sec

I like it too but have to be careful as it gets a bit weedy here

--
09=IX
Prunedale California