GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orbea or Stapelia 2 ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/185087-orbea-stapelia-2-id-please.html)

wendy7 23-06-2009 03:23 PM

Orbea or Stapelia 2 ID please

1 Attachment(s)
I have this one tagged as Orbea berlinensis but someone said it is a
Stapelia?
Cheers,
Wendy

Garrapata 25-06-2009 05:12 PM

Orbea or Stapelia 2 ID please

I have this one tagged as Orbea berlinensis but someone said it is a
Stapelia
Wendy

I believe that Stapelias have become
Orbea.
--

09=ix

Zane 17-12-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendy7 (Post 852711)
I have this one tagged as Orbea berlinensis but someone said it is a
Stapelia?
Cheers,
Wendy

It appears to be the correct name. Orbeas and huernias have waxy stems, while stapelias has fuzzy ones. The 2 plants are seperate species.