Old 02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered User

Default Id these flowers?

Hi there, my dad was given a rose bush when one of his friends died, around the bottom there was another plant growing, it's been established for a few years now & it's beginning to spread a little more, I'd like to know what these are called to find out a little more about them. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom_Spark View Post
Hi there, my dad was given a rose bush when one of his friends died, around the bottom there was another plant growing, it's been established for a few years now & it's beginning to spread a little more, I'd like to know what these are called to find out a little more about them. Thanks.

Fuchsia magellanica - a good staple flowering shrub which goes underground in winter. I would try to untangle the roots and plant it away from the rose.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"beccabunga" wrote

Freedom_Spark;854191 Wrote:
Hi there, my dad was given a rose bush when one of his friends died,
around the bottom there was another plant growing, it's been
established for a few years now & it's beginning to spread a little
more, I'd like to know what these are called to find out a little more
about them. Thanks.

[image:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n.../IMG_0711.jpg]

Fuchsia magellanica - a good staple flowering shrub which goes
underground in winter. I would try to untangle the roots and plant it
away from the rose.

Not always, ours was not even knocked back by last winter which was the
coldest for many years, yes the leaves dropped as usual but in the spring
the stems all sent out new leaves/shoots so it's getting taller and taller
year on year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
Fuchsia magellanica - a good staple flowering shrub which goes underground in winter. I would try to untangle the roots and plant it away from the rose.

Quote:
Not always, ours was not even knocked back by last winter which was the
coldest for many years, yes the leaves dropped as usual but in the spring
the stems all sent out new leaves/shoots so it's getting taller and taller
year on year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden