GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spider Lily? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/186042-spider-lily.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 27-07-2009 07:58 AM

Spider Lily?

1 Attachment(s)
I just call this a Spider Lily because it reminds me of a spider.
Don't know what the real name is.
My wife grows them and I photograph them.
Bob Williams

Charles[_1_] 27-07-2009 08:14 AM

Spider Lily?

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 23:58:01 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

I just call this a Spider Lily because it reminds me of a spider.
Don't know what the real name is.
My wife grows them and I photograph them.
Bob Williams

Reminds me of something called the Peruvian daffodil

Radar 27-07-2009 09:11 AM

Spider Lily?

Hymenocallis is a bulbous plant known by both common names Spider Lily and
Peruvian Daffodil.

Regards,
Rick A

Bob Williams[_3_] 27-07-2009 09:15 AM

Spider Lily?

wrote:

I just call this a Spider Lily because it reminds me of a spider.
Don't know what the real name is.
My wife grows them and I photograph them.
Bob Williams

Reminds me of something called the Peruvian daffodil

By God, Charles.....I think you've got it.
I Googled on Peruvian Daffodils and the pictures are dead ringers for my
flower. Thanks.....I'll tell Mama.
Bob

Bob Williams[_3_] 27-07-2009 09:18 AM

Spider Lily?

Radar wrote:
Hymenocallis is a bulbous plant known by both common names Spider Lily and
Peruvian Daffodil.

Regards,
Rick A

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
I just call this a Spider Lily because it reminds me of a spider.
Don't know what the real name is.
My wife grows them and I photograph them.
Bob Williams

AHA! So my guess was right on.
Thanks for the info and name confirmation.
Bob