Old 27-07-2009, 06:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Cantigny C A nice place to rest a bit during a garden walk.JPG (0/1)

These gardens, in Wheaton, IL, are part of Cantigny, which was the estate of Col. Robert R. McCormick, former editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune. Cantigny contains gardens, two golf courses, and the 1st Division military museum.
McCormick commanded the 1st Division's 1st Battalion, 5th Field Artillery at Cantigny (France), site od America's first victory in WWI. Cantigny is not taxpayer supported in any way, yet admission is free, with a charge only for parking.
The gardens are heavy on mass annual plantings, and they are a popular wedding site.
Old 29-07-2009, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:30:23 -0500, Just Plane Noise wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:26:25 -0400, joevan
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:34:05 -0500, ck (Just Plane
Noise) wrote:

These gardens, in Wheaton, IL, are part of Cantigny, which was the
estate of Col. Robert R. McCormick, former editor and publisher of the
Chicago Tribune. Cantigny contains gardens, two golf courses, and the
1st Division military museum. McCormick commanded the 1st Division's
1st Battalion, 5th Field Artillery at Cantigny (France), site od
America's first victory in WWI. Cantigny is not taxpayer supported in
any way, yet admission is free, with a charge only for parking. The
gardens are heavy on mass annual plantings, and they are a popular
wedding site.

Wonderful garden. Nice if you walk to the place no charge and it is a
beautiful place. Thanks again for posting. You take nice photos.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll eventually post pictures from Chicago
Botanic, Madison's Olbrich, and maybe Janesville Rotary too. Plus I've
got loads of my own perennials, and they're the best in quality terms
(the pix, not the flowers!).

How many pictures can I put up here each day before somebody starts
screamin'?

There is no limit.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington