GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tillandsia Hybrid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/186076-tillandsia-hybrid.html)

wendy7 28-07-2009 05:12 AM

Tillandsia Hybrid

1 Attachment(s)
Tillandsia Houston is a hybrid. (T. stricta x T. recurvifolia)
A very easy grower so I broke up a large clump & now have a
Houston pole?
Cheers Wendy

wendy7 29-07-2009 03:54 AM

Tillandsia Hybrid

Hi T Bob, I aquired some of my species from an Estate Sale about 10 yrs
ago.
Tropiflora have a great variety. Also from Teas Nursery.
Are you talking about T. usenoides better known as Spanish Moss?
Cheers Wendy
"Nothome" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:12:31 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Tillandsia Houston is a hybrid. (T. stricta x T. recurvifolia)
A very easy grower so I broke up a large clump & now have a
Houston pole?
Cheers Wendy

Wendy, where did you get the hybrid Tilandsia ?

Tilandsia grows wild in these parts. There is an abundance of it in
most old growth Oak trees. I would like to "play" with some hybrid
material.

Tampa Bob

Charles[_1_] 29-07-2009 09:49 PM

Tillandsia Hybrid

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:12:31 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Tillandsia Houston is a hybrid. (T. stricta x T. recurvifolia)
A very easy grower so I broke up a large clump & now have a
Houston pole?
Cheers Wendy

You probably already know about Rainforest Flora Nursery, but in case
you don't

http://www.rainforestflora.com/