Old 30-07-2009, 02:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default NO NEW PICS TO SEE

I haven't been able to see any of the pics since about July 20th or there
abouts.

All say "RE" & then the comment:-(

Is it me news reader or what?

Nana sad no seeing all of those beautiful blooms:-(

Old 30-07-2009, 02:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

NanaWilson wrote:
I haven't been able to see any of the pics since about July 20th or there
abouts.

All say "RE" & then the comment:-(

Is it me news reader or what?

Nana sad no seeing all of those beautiful blooms:-(

What's your news reader? Could be that some setting has changed. Look
for Options/Preferences/etc, and then for "display images in line" or
something like that. You should also be able to add a column showing
"lines" (ie the size of the message) to the headers pane.

Who's your news group provider? More and more ISP's are curtailing or
dropping Usenet service.

HTH
wolf k.
Old 30-07-2009, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"NanaWilson" wrote
I haven't been able to see any of the pics since about July 20th or there
abouts.

All say "RE" & then the comment:-(

Is it me news reader or what?

Nana sad no seeing all of those beautiful blooms:-(

I see you use Outlook Express 6 so there shouldn't be any problems seeing
these images because of that unless you have inadvertently changed something
like ticked "Block images etc" on the Security tab in Options on the tools
menu.
Perhaps your ISP has stopped supporting binary newsgroups, a lot are.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-07-2009, 05:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:03:24 -0400, "NanaWilson"
wrote:

I haven't been able to see any of the pics since about July 20th or there
abouts.

All say "RE" & then the comment:-(

Is it me news reader or what?

Nana sad no seeing all of those beautiful blooms:-(

If it is your newsgroup that is messed up, try calling your provider.
If it is that they have dropped their newsgroups you could try
www.teranews.com for a one time charge fo about 4 bucks you can get
60 meg a day and there is no more charge.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Sj" wrote ...
Wolf K wrote:

NanaWilson wrote:
I haven't been able to see any of the pics since about July 20th or
there
abouts.

All say "RE" & then the comment:-(

Is it me news reader or what?

Nana sad no seeing all of those beautiful blooms:-(

What's your news reader? Could be that some setting has changed. Look
for Options/Preferences/etc, and then for "display images in line" or
something like that. You should also be able to add a column showing
"lines" (ie the size of the message) to the headers pane.

Who's your news group provider? More and more ISP's are curtailing or
dropping Usenet service.

Looks like the news service is
eternal-september.org

Never heard of them ... anyone?

Did some checking....
It's the same server as Motzarella.org but different IP address.
Both owned by a Wolfgang Weyland of Homburg Germany.

Lots of comments on forums about not being able to see the original posts by
those using both those addresses (on that server) so it looks like you have
a server problem and may need another Newsgroup supplier.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden