GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help! Brown trees - are they dying? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/186399-help-brown-trees-they-dying.html)

Frakie82 09-08-2009 12:51 PM

Help! Brown trees - are they dying?

Hi

I am new to gardening - in fact, i know nothing about it!
I have what i think are some Leylandii in my garden but it looks like they are dying & i wondered if anyone could hep to advise me on what i should do next in order to save them?

Frakie82 09-08-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frakie82 (Post 860084)
Hi

I am new to gardening - in fact, i know nothing about it!
I have what i think are some Leylandii in my garden but it looks like they are dying & i wondered if anyone could hep to advise me on what i should do next in order to save them?

Sorry - just to say they are going brown from the bottom and towards the middle of the tree and are a reddy brown colour. Thanks!

joevan[_3_] 09-08-2009 06:45 PM

Help! Brown trees - are they dying?

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:51:59 +0100, Frakie82
wrote:

Frakie82;860084 Wrote:
Hi

I am new to gardening - in fact, i know nothing about it!
I have what i think are some Leylandii in my garden but it looks like
they are dying & i wondered if anyone could hep to advise me on what i
should do next in order to save them?

Sorry - just to say they are going brown from the bottom and towards
the middle of the tree and are a reddy brown colour. Thanks!

Someone might be able to help you if you said where the trees are
located. Canada or south of the US of A? Or Siberia or Australia?
Also a picture might help. Also check this out. Is this the tree you
mean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyland_Cypress

wendy7 09-08-2009 09:01 PM

Help! Brown trees - are they dying?

You could try taking a small branch or some leaves to your nearest plant
nursery. Did you plant the trees?
Cheers Wendy

--
Frakie82