GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Caution Spider Pic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/186627-caution-spider-pic.html)

wendy7 17-08-2009 04:09 PM

Caution Spider Pic

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone ID this for me. They are in the back yard at eye level !!!!!!
Cheers Wendy

wendy7 17-08-2009 04:16 PM

Caution Spider Pic - Sorry

I should have given a little more info.
The spiders have about a one inch span & the webs are quite strong!
Location in Orange County, S. Calif.
Thank You,
Cheers Wendy

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 17-08-2009 04:19 PM

Caution Spider Pic

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Can anyone ID this for me. They are in the back yard at eye level !!!!!!
Cheers Wendy

That's known as the Black & White Human Eyeball Biter where I live in Orange
County.
--
Pat

3Putt in Coastal SC 17-08-2009 09:02 PM

Caution Spider Pic

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Can anyone ID this for me. They are in the back yard at eye level !!!!!!
Cheers Wendy

Could be the Argiope Aurantia (writing spider, but poisonous......)

--
JerryK in Coastal South Carolina

Suzie-Q[_3_] 18-08-2009 04:31 AM

Caution Spider Pic

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Can anyone ID this for me. They are in the back yard at eye level !!!!!!
Cheers Wendy

That's known as the Black & White Human Eyeball Biter where I live in Orange
County.

Now that's just mean!

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)