GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID please. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/187483-id-please.html)

Maroochy 27-09-2009 08:57 AM

ID please.

1 Attachment(s)
This has come up in a pot containing one of my mother's orchids, annual
flowers/bulbs not being my thing, I was wondering if someone could ID it for
me please.

Bob Hobden 27-09-2009 11:17 PM

ID please.

BarbaraH wrote
This has come up in a pot containing one of my mother's orchids, annual
flowers/bulbs not being my thing, I was wondering if someone could ID it
for me please.

A Schizostylis coccinea variety (Kaffir Lily).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Maroochy 28-09-2009 12:21 AM

ID please.

Bob Hobden wrote:

A Schizostylis coccinea variety (Kaffir Lily).

Many thanks Bob, that certainly looks like it.
Here, Cliveas were called Kaffir Lily, until it was deemed to be a
politically incorrect name.

Bob Hobden 28-09-2009 03:34 PM

ID please.

BarbaraH wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:

A Schizostylis coccinea variety (Kaffir Lily).

Many thanks Bob, that certainly looks like it.
Here, Cliveas were called Kaffir Lily, until it was deemed to be a
politically incorrect name.

How could anyone be offended by such a lovely flower? :-)

It's not the word that's offensive it's the way it's said/used IMO.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

joevan[_3_] 28-09-2009 03:42 PM

ID please.

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:34:40 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

BarbaraH wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:

A Schizostylis coccinea variety (Kaffir Lily).

Many thanks Bob, that certainly looks like it.
Here, Cliveas were called Kaffir Lily, until it was deemed to be a
politically incorrect name.

How could anyone be offended by such a lovely flower? :-)

It's not the word that's offensive it's the way it's said/used IMO.

I agree Bob. There is just so much with political correctness to
bother with sometimes.