GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is this a pic of Orbea or Stapelia variegata (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/187624-pic-orbea-stapelia-variegata.html)

wendy7 05-10-2009 05:12 PM

Is this a pic of Orbea or Stapelia variegata

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone ID this plant for me also any tricks to tell the difference
between Orbea variegata & Stapelia variegata.
Cheers Wendy

MadCow 07-10-2009 11:56 PM

Is this a pic of Orbea or Stapelia variegata [1/1]

1 Attachment(s)
In message , Wendy7
writes
Can anyone ID this plant for me also any tricks to tell the difference
between Orbea variegata & Stapelia variegata.
Cheers Wendy
[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Orbea/Stapelia variegata are the same plant, but it looks like this:

The flowers are variegated, and the petals are wrinkled but not hairy.
It's moderately smelly - mine's quite at home in the lavatory - but not
overpowering.
Is it possible your plant's a more interesting species and not just a
colour form of variegata?

--
Sue ]:(:)