GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   World's Biggest Aguave? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/187635-worlds-biggest-aguave.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 06-10-2009 08:23 AM

World's Biggest Aguave?

I'll bet it's older than most of us.
Bob

wendy7 06-10-2009 01:36 PM

World's Biggest Aguave?

Very nice Bob! Where was this photo taken if you don't mind me asking.
Cheers Wendy

Suzie-Q[_3_] 06-10-2009 05:11 PM

World's Biggest Aguave?

In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

I'll bet it's older than most of us.
Bob

"Most" of us?!
What's that supposed to mean?!! ;-)

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

Bob Williams[_3_] 07-10-2009 11:23 AM

World's Biggest Aguave?

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice Bob! Where was this photo taken if you don't mind me asking.
Cheers Wendy
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
I'll bet it's older than most of us.
Bob

It is at Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas CA.,(now San Diego
Botanical Gardens)
See: http://www.qbgardens.org/
Note that the huge Aguave tree is their logo.
Delightful place to visit. Lots of Photo Ops.
I am a flower junkie so my favorite time to visit is April-May.
But last weekend, there was an Orchid Show so I just had to go there to
see those spectacular presentations.
Bob

Bob Williams[_3_] 07-10-2009 11:32 AM

World's Biggest Aguave?

Suzie-Q wrote:
In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

I'll bet it's older than most of us.
Bob

"Most" of us?!
What's that supposed to mean?!! ;-)

Well, I'm 80 and I think that perhaps I might give the Aguave plant a
run for the money I'm not sure how old those plants live to be.
Perhaps some others in the NG are even more senior than I.
Bob

Jim Carlock[_5_] 07-10-2009 11:34 PM

World's Biggest Aguave?

"Bob Williams" wrote...
: Well, I'm 80 and I think that perhaps I might give the Aguave
: plant a run for the money I'm not sure how old those plants
: live to be. Perhaps some others in the NG are even more senior
: than I.

You mean you're taller than that cactus, right?

--
Jim Carlock

Bob Williams[_3_] 09-10-2009 08:16 AM

World's Biggest Aguave?

Jim Carlock wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote...
: Well, I'm 80 and I think that perhaps I might give the Aguave
: plant a run for the money I'm not sure how old those plants
: live to be. Perhaps some others in the NG are even more senior
: than I.

You mean you're taller than that cactus, right?

Not Ttaller, but I can run faster. ;-)
Bob

Garrapata 10-10-2009 06:33 AM

World's Biggest Aguave?

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:34:46 -0400, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

"Bob Williams" wrote...
: Well, I'm 80 and I think that perhaps I might give the Aguave
: plant a run for the money I'm not sure how old those plants
: live to be. Perhaps some others in the NG are even more senior
: than I.

You mean you're taller than that cactus, right?

It's not a cactus and probably not an "aguave" either.
It looks like a Dracaena draco, Dragon Tree.
--

09=ix

Bob Williams[_3_] 12-10-2009 07:57 AM

World's Biggest Aguave?

Garrapata wrote:
On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:34:46 -0400, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

"Bob Williams" wrote...
: Well, I'm 80 and I think that perhaps I might give the Aguave
: plant a run for the money I'm not sure how old those plants
: live to be. Perhaps some others in the NG are even more senior
: than I.

You mean you're taller than that cactus, right?

It's not a cactus and probably not an "aguave" either.
It looks like a Dracaena draco, Dragon Tree.

You are absolutely right.
It is a "Dragon Tree"
I stand corrected.
Bob