GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hornets - Hornet_7377.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/187658-hornets-hornet_7377-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Donn Thorson 07-10-2009 10:45 AM

Hornets - Hornet_7377.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a single Hornet...

joevan[_3_] 07-10-2009 02:25 PM

Hornets - Hornet_7377.jpg (1/1)

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 05:45:56 -0400, Donn Thorson
wrote:

Here is a single Hornet...

Nice shots. Those things are really evil looking and totally involved
with their food.

Bob Hobden 07-10-2009 04:29 PM

Hornets - Hornet_7377.jpg (1/1)

"joevan" wrote
Donn Thorson

wrote:

Here is a single Hornet...

Nice shots. Those things are really evil looking and totally involved
with their food.

Did you see in the news that a family in Borneo were attacked by Hornets on
Tuesday night.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091007/...o-3fd0ae9.html

Tragic.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

joevan[_3_] 07-10-2009 07:37 PM

Hornets - Hornet_7377.jpg (1/1)

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:29:02 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote
Donn Thorson

wrote:

Here is a single Hornet...

Nice shots. Those things are really evil looking and totally involved
with their food.

Did you see in the news that a family in Borneo were attacked by Hornets on
Tuesday night.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091007/...o-3fd0ae9.html

Tragic.

I remember being stung pretty bad when we were kids on a big old farm
in Maryland where Black Angus cows were the mainstay. A wonderful
memory except for those yellow jackets we called them. Same thing?
Anyway my oldest bro got the worst of them. I was not too bad off or
were the others of us. I remember the hills, the barn with its hay
loft we could jump from about 20 feet up into a 3 foot bin of grain
which would ease the stop. What a wonderful place it was for us young
people. Probably about 1947 - 50.