Old 24-10-2009, 08:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Pumpkins (World's oldest?)

So... why am I showing a picture of a homely, yellow, warty pumpkin
standing next to a handsome orange pumpkin? Well, I picked the nice
looking one earlier this month from my garden. The one on the left was
picked from my garden in early October of 2007. Over 2 years ago.
It's been hanging out in my basement all this time, being pushed here
and there to get it out of the way. I have been very tempted to cut it
up and, if it seemed OK, maybe make a pie out of it. (Just to say I made
a pie out of a 2 year old pumpkin.) I've decided that I don't have time
to do that. Minutes ago, I brought it upstairs, took it out front to be
a Halloween decoration and then took this picture. I'll compost it in
November. Enough is enough!

Steve (in the Adirondacks)

Attached Thumbnails
Pumpkins (World's oldest?)-pumpkinsold-new.jpg
Old 24-10-2009, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:38:28 -0400, Steve wrote:

So... why am I showing a picture of a homely, yellow, warty pumpkin
standing next to a handsome orange pumpkin? Well, I picked the nice
looking one earlier this month from my garden. The one on the left was
picked from my garden in early October of 2007. Over 2 years ago.
It's been hanging out in my basement all this time, being pushed here
and there to get it out of the way. I have been very tempted to cut it
up and, if it seemed OK, maybe make a pie out of it. (Just to say I made
a pie out of a 2 year old pumpkin.) I've decided that I don't have time
to do that. Minutes ago, I brought it upstairs, took it out front to be
a Halloween decoration and then took this picture. I'll compost it in
November. Enough is enough!

Steve (in the Adirondacks)

Nice shot of a couple of pumpkins. I think compost is the best bet for
them. After two years can it be considered a gourd?
Old 25-10-2009, 03:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:
Nice shot of a couple of pumpkins. I think compost is the best bet for
them. After two years can it be considered a gourd?

If you're thinking it lasted that long because it dried like a gourd,
that's not the case. (remember, only the one on the left is old) It's
still heavy like a normal pumpkin and, until recently, it still sounded
solid if I were to knock on it. In the last couple of months, it has
finally started sounding softer like it is wilting a bit.
I may still make pies out of the other one (or one of its classmates). I
have been known to do that.

Steve
Old 29-10-2009, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Steve!!!!! Well fancy meeting you here. Must be your cool weather that kept
that pumpkin going no?
Anyhow this garden group has been going since before a.b.p.orchids so I do
not
understand why the plug was pulled for some people & not others.
Anyway good to hear from you.
Cheers Wendy

Old 31-10-2009, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Steve" wrote in message
So... why am I showing a picture of a homely, yellow, warty pumpkin
standing next to a handsome orange pumpkin? Well, I picked the nice
looking one earlier this month from my garden. The one on the left was
picked from my garden in early October of 2007. Over 2 years ago. It's
been hanging out in my basement all this time, being pushed here and
there to get it out of the way. I have been very tempted to cut it up
and, if it seemed OK, maybe make a pie out of it. (Just to say I made a
pie out of a 2 year old pumpkin.) I've decided that I don't have time
to do that. Minutes ago, I brought it upstairs, took it out front to be
a Halloween decoration and then took this picture. I'll compost it in
November. Enough is enough!

Steve (in the Adirondacks)

Many an ISP pulled the plug on many if not all newsgroups.
My ISP (Verizon) only carries the "Big 8" which are comp.*
humanities.* misc.* news.* rec.* sci.* soc.* talk.*.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington