GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hummingbird (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/189188-hummingbird.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 18-01-2010 09:53 PM

Hummingbird

1 Attachment(s)

joevan[_3_] 18-01-2010 10:25 PM

Hummingbird

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:53:18 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"

Justs about perfect. The bird and the photograph.

Wolf K[_2_] 18-01-2010 10:31 PM

Hummingbird

Paddy's Pig wrote:

Thanks, very nice. I'm using an earlier photo as wallpaper, I think I'll
switch to this one.

cheers,
wolf k.

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 19-01-2010 12:39 AM

Hummingbird

"Wolf K" wrote in message
Paddy's Pig wrote:

Thanks, very nice. I'm using an earlier photo as wallpaper, I think I'll
switch to this one.

Thanks Wolf. If you'd like I might be able to make a much larger one for
you.
--
Pat

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 19-01-2010 12:39 AM

Hummingbird

wrote:

Justs about perfect. The bird and the photograph.

Thanks Joe. I appreciate it.
--
Pat

Wolf K[_2_] 19-01-2010 01:50 PM

Hummingbird

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"Wolf K" wrote in message
Paddy's Pig wrote:

Thanks, very nice. I'm using an earlier photo as wallpaper, I think I'll
switch to this one.

Thanks Wolf. If you'd like I might be able to make a much larger one for
you.

Thanks, that would be nice. OTOH, I just resized the picture to
1680x1270, ie, horizontally it's equal to my monitor's size, and
centered it on the d/t. I use PMView for this, it automatically
"resamples" so as to reduce the softening, etc, that occurs when
enlarging an image.

Looks just lovely!

wolf k.

Travis 22-01-2010 05:30 AM

Hummingbird

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:53:18 -0800, Paddy's Pig wrote:

Did anyone see the Nature show "Hummingbirds: Magic in the Air" on PBS
10 January 2010?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 22-01-2010 07:53 AM

Hummingbird

"Travis" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:53:18 -0800, Paddy's Pig wrote:

Did anyone see the Nature show "Hummingbirds: Magic in the Air" on PBS
10 January 2010?

I just saw a repeat of it tonight on KLCS. Absolutely fascinating. I had
observed them flying around above my lawn apparently chasing and eating bugs
but of course you can never see it in hi-def slo motion unless you see the
action on TV. Whoever filmed that was mighty good.

The whole show was just great.
--
Pat

wendy7 22-01-2010 05:25 PM

Hummingbird

If you missed it you could watch:-

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episo...-agility/5441/
Cheers Wendy

wendy7 22-01-2010 05:28 PM

Hummingbird Continued

I forgot to mention that you can see the full episode if you click on the
link on
the right side of the webpage.

joevan[_3_] 22-01-2010 05:45 PM

Hummingbird Continued

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

"Travis" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:53:18 -0800, Paddy's Pig wrote:

Did anyone see the Nature show "Hummingbirds: Magic in the Air" on PBS
10 January 2010?

I just saw a repeat of it tonight on KLCS. Absolutely fascinating. I
had observed them flying around above my lawn apparently chasing and
eating bugs but of course you can never see it in hi-def slo motion
unless you see the action on TV. Whoever filmed that was mighty good.

The whole show was just great.
--
Pat

Wow, thanks Wendy, I was about to ask or search for just the very
thing you posted. Many thanks.