GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lily (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190239-lily.html)

wendy7 19-03-2010 11:47 PM

Lily

1 Attachment(s)
This opened up on the first day of sunshine after the rains & cold, here in
S.Calif. zones 9/10
Cheers Wendy

joevan[_3_] 20-03-2010 12:10 AM

Lily

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:47:54 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

This opened up on the first day of sunshine after the rains & cold, here in
S.Calif. zones 9/10
Cheers Wendy

Reminds me of my Kafir or Clivia. They are lillies after all. the
leaves are similar and the bloom heads.

Garrapata 20-03-2010 03:06 AM

Lily

Once upon a time, joevan
wrote in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens:
Reminds me of my Kafir or Clivia. They are lillies after all. the
leaves are similar and the bloom heads.

That is a Clivia.
but they aren't lilies, they are in the Amaryllis family.
--
Monterey California
USDA Zone 9

Maroochy 20-03-2010 08:18 AM

Lily

Wendy7 wrote:
This opened up on the first day of sunshine after the rains & cold,
here in S.Calif. zones 9/10
Cheers Wendy

It's a Clivia, they're great for a splash of colour in shady spots.

wendy7 20-03-2010 04:45 PM

Lily - Clivia/Kafir

Yes JV & all, thanks for your comments.
I was in a hurry & couldn't think of the name & just typed "lily"
I also meant to type "4JV" because I have seen you post pics.
Cheers Wendy