Old 28-03-2010, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default First baby hummingbird hatched today

After an absolutely terrible day, weather-wise, we're blessed with this!
)

I wasn't sure she'd make it but the winds have died down now and it looks
like they'll be gone tomorrow. The worst is over.
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
First baby hummingbird hatched today-first-baby-hummingbird-hatched-today.jpg
Old 28-03-2010, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Congrats Pat and happy birthday little hummer. The second egg will hatch
in a day or two. Take notes, mine fledged after 21 & 23 days,
amazing how fast they grow.
Also notice how tidy the nest is. There are bugs weaved into the nest for
quick
food & the rim of the nest will get really messy so watch your lens!
The Mom is quite clever as she will clean up as they grow bigger & the
nest widens to
accommodate them.
Looking forward to more photos.
Cheers Wendy

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
After an absolutely terrible day, weather-wise, we're blessed with this!
)

I wasn't sure she'd make it but the winds have died down now and it looks
like they'll be gone tomorrow. The worst is over.
--
Pat Durkin

[IMG] code is On

Baby hawk just hatched Srgnt Billko Lawns 0 04-05-2007 04:57 AM
My first fry have hatched Andy Ponds 2 23-05-2005 04:47 AM
Fry hatched Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 14 20-05-2005 03:03 AM
Ducklings hatched in courtyard, will they live on grass alone? Ned Hart Ponds 17 17-06-2003 11:56 PM
Baby Squirrels, Was: Saw my first robin today :( zhanataya Gardening 2 08-02-2003 09:24 PM