GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   San Juan Capistrano 168 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190463-san-juan-capistrano-168-a.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 28-03-2010 05:26 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

1 Attachment(s)

joevan[_3_] 28-03-2010 07:38 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:26:59 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"

Is that the chapel in the background? The oldest building in the US.

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 28-03-2010 09:13 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

wrote:

Is that the chapel in the background? The oldest building in the US.

Yes. I learned the other day it was built in 1782* which makes it the
oldest building in California but certainly there is something on the east
coast that is older.
--
Pat Durkin

*The local ABC television station in Los Angeles used one of my Capistrano
pics as a background on their weather report last week and they announced
that was the build date.

joevan[_3_] 28-03-2010 10:44 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:13:32 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Is that the chapel in the background? The oldest building in the US.

Yes. I learned the other day it was built in 1782* which makes it the
oldest building in California but certainly there is something on the east
coast that is older.

Possibly so. This church from near my home in VA. I was not thinking
correctly when I said US I meant California. Then so many have been
reconsturcted so who really knows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown_Church

joevan[_3_] 28-03-2010 10:49 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:44:19 -0400, joevan
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:13:32 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Is that the chapel in the background? The oldest building in the US.

Yes. I learned the other day it was built in 1782* which makes it the
oldest building in California but certainly there is something on the east
coast that is older.

Possibly so. This church from near my home in VA. I was not thinking
correctly when I said US I meant California. Then so many have been
reconsturcted so who really knows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown_Church

I spent a few weeks here in 1963. In the outskirts of the town of Taos
not the Pueblo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taos_Pueblo

Suzanne Eckhardt 29-03-2010 07:09 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

wrote:

Is that the chapel in the background? The oldest building in the US.

Yes. I learned the other day it was built in 1782* which makes it the
oldest building in California but certainly there is something on the east
coast that is older.

It's in St. Augustine, Florida. I saw it there when
I visited. Also drank from the official "Fountain of
Youth." THAT's overrated!!!

Sue

--
8^)~~~~~~ Sue
~~~~~~~~~

http://www.wacvet.com/

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 29-03-2010 07:50 PM

San Juan Capistrano 168

"Suzanne Eckhardt" wrote in message

wrote:

Is that the chapel in the background? The oldest building in the US.

Yes. I learned the other day it was built in 1782* which makes it the
oldest building in California but certainly there is something on the
east
coast that is older.

It's in St. Augustine, Florida. I saw it there when
I visited. Also drank from the official "Fountain of
Youth." THAT's overrated!!!

I take y'er not feelin' any younger then, right? :o)