GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sterling Silver (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190500-sterling-silver.html)

wendy7 30-03-2010 08:38 PM

Sterling Silver

1 Attachment(s)
Another love.
Cheers Wendy

joevan[_3_] 30-03-2010 10:51 PM

Sterling Silver

All pure love. Thanks for the roses.

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 31-03-2010 12:03 AM

Sterling Silver

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Another love.

Beautiful shots Wendy.

In the late 1980's one of the guys who worked for me came to my house on a
Friday evening where his wife was also planning to meet us a few minutes
later and we'd all go to dinner. Before she arrived he half jokingly asked
"You wouldn't happen to have a Sterling Silver rose would you?" They were
apparently kind of rare at the time.

I asked him why and he said she'd be wearing an outfit that was about that
color and she'd remarked to him on the phone that it was known as Sterling
Silver. He thought it'd be nice if he could hand it to her when she
arrived.

It just so happened that we had planted a pair of 15 gallon Sterling Silver
plants the previous weekend and they were blooming like crazy. I went to
the backyard and snipped one off and brought it in the house and handed it
to him.

He was flabbergasted. When his wife arrived she was really surprised when
he handed it to her.

It was a nice evening.

Heck of a coincidence too. :o)
--
Pat Durkin

wendy7 31-03-2010 06:11 AM

Sterling Silver

You're welcome Bob. Cheers
"Nothome" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:38:24 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Another love.
Cheers Wendy

Very nice rose pictures Wendy. Thanks for posting them.

Tampa Bob

wendy7 31-03-2010 06:12 AM

Sterling Silver

The pleasure is mine JV. Cheers Wendy

[email protected] 01-04-2010 01:51 AM

Sterling Silver

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:38:24 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Another love.
Cheers Wendy

Wendy, your roses are all beautiful.

Karen