GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beautiful digital of the sistene chapel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190626-beautiful-digital-sistene-chapel.html)

joevan[_3_] 05-04-2010 02:08 AM

Beautiful digital of the sistene chapel

Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
care and understanding of the art.

this via my email from one of my professional memberships.

"It is truly amazing. At least
the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
going there!"

http://www.vatican.va/various/cappel..._vr/index.html

joevan[_3_] 05-04-2010 01:54 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:58:56 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:08:33 -0400, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, joevan
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
... button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
... worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
... look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
... care and understanding of the art.
... this via my email from one of my professional memberships.
... "It is truly amazing. At least
... the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
... have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
... going there!"
... http://www.vatican.va/various/cappel..._vr/index.html

SISTINA!!!!!!!!!!

======
Where are we going to and why are we in a handbasket?

Gosh I don't know but I spelled it sistene and it is sistine. and you
say the Italian sistina. Sistine, sistina lets have another go. Did
you check it out at least? Or just correcting spelling today.

joevan[_3_] 05-04-2010 03:05 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 07:54:28 -0400, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, joevan

... wrote:
... On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:08:33 -0400, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, joevan
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
... ... Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
... ... button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
... ... worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
... ... look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
... ... care and understanding of the art.
... ...
... ... this via my email from one of my professional memberships.
... ...
... ... "It is truly amazing. At least
... ... the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
... ... have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
... ... going there!"
... ...
... ... http://www.vatican.va/various/cappel..._vr/index.html
... SISTINA!!!!!!!!!!
... ======
... Where are we going to and why are we in a handbasket?

... Gosh I don't know but I spelled it sistene and it is sistine. and you
... say the Italian sistina. Sistine, sistina lets have another go. Did
... you check it out at least? Or just correcting spelling today.

I speak Italian, I've lived in Italy for a year and visited the Sistina Chapel at least
twice. Is it enough for you?

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

I don't understand what "enough for you"? means. I have lived in
America or 67 years plus, visited Italy once and know a bit of French
and a few Italian words. I live in South Philly and have a lot of
Italian friends and I still speak English. My family came to Virginia
in 1617 and stayed, not to speak Italian but mostly english.
And did you at least see the wonderful digital replication of the
chapel? It is better to see that than to see it in person many say.

joevan[_3_] 05-04-2010 06:43 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 15:23:33 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 09:05:48 -0400, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, joevan
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... I don't understand what "enough for you"? means. I have lived in
... America or 67 years plus, visited Italy once and know a bit of French
... and a few Italian words. I live in South Philly and have a lot of
... Italian friends and I still speak English. My family came to Virginia
... in 1617 and stayed, not to speak Italian but mostly english.
... And did you at least see the wonderful digital replication of the
... chapel? It is better to see that than to see it in person many say.

No, I saw it in person. Lots of people laying down all over the chapel because, let's face
it, it's hard to look up for so long, the neck hurts.

If you have been to this site you mention, it's written "Sistina" there.

Here, read this:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappella_Sistina

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

Been there done that in person and wiki and enough on a spelling
typo, goof whatever.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 05-04-2010 06:54 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

"Magda" wrote
If you have been to this site you mention, it's written "Sistina" there.

Here, read this:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappella_Sistina

It's Sistina in Italian and Sistine if you are speaking English, which he
was.
So both are perfectly correct depending on the language you are using.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 05-04-2010 07:19 PM

"Magda" wrote in message

... Gosh I don't know but I spelled it sistene and it is sistine. and you
... say the Italian sistina. Sistine, sistina lets have another go. Did
... you check it out at least? Or just correcting spelling today.

I speak Italian, I've lived in Italy for a year and visited the Sistina
Chapel at least twice. Is it enough for you?

You're missing the point Magda. The point was all about a link to see a
fascinating digital display. NOT ABOUT WHETHER IT SHOULD BE SISTINE OR
SISTINA OR ANYTHING ELSE. Nobody cares. Your post is nonsensical.

Thanks for the link joevan. I enjoyed that. I know how they photograph
using that technique but I'm still amazed everytime I see it. In this case
it was used to great effect.
--
Pat Durkin

Bob Hobden[_3_] 05-04-2010 07:28 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

"Magda" wrote
, "Bob Hobden"wrote

... It's Sistina in Italian and Sistine if you are speaking English, which
he
... was.
... So both are perfectly correct depending on the language you are using.

Except that he called it "sistene".

So do a lot of places on the Web! Do a search.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 05-04-2010 09:36 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

"Magda" wrote in message

Thank dog.

plonk

wendy7 05-04-2010 10:15 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

"Magda" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:19:09 -0700, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,
"Paddy's Pig"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... "Magda" wrote in message
... ...
... ... Gosh I don't know but I spelled it sistene and it is sistine.
and you
... ... say the Italian sistina. Sistine, sistina lets have another go.
Did
... ... you check it out at least? Or just correcting spelling today.
... I speak Italian, I've lived in Italy for a year and visited the
Sistina
... Chapel at least twice. Is it enough for you?
... You're missing the point Magda. The point was all about a link to see
... fascinating digital display. NOT ABOUT WHETHER IT SHOULD BE SISTINE
OR
... SISTINA OR ANYTHING ELSE. Nobody cares.

Thank dog.

Dear Magda, Did you accidently transpose this last word?
Cheers Wendy

joevan[_3_] 05-04-2010 11:57 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:15:27 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

"Magda" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:19:09 -0700, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,
"Paddy's Pig"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... "Magda" wrote in message
... ...
... ... Gosh I don't know but I spelled it sistene and it is sistine.
and you
... ... say the Italian sistina. Sistine, sistina lets have another go.
Did
... ... you check it out at least? Or just correcting spelling today.
... I speak Italian, I've lived in Italy for a year and visited the
Sistina
... Chapel at least twice. Is it enough for you?
... You're missing the point Magda. The point was all about a link to see
... fascinating digital display. NOT ABOUT WHETHER IT SHOULD BE SISTINE
OR
... SISTINA OR ANYTHING ELSE. Nobody cares.

Thank dog.

Dear Magda, Did you accidently transpose this last word?
Cheers Wendy

Pretty doog one Wendy. :o)

Bob Hobden[_3_] 05-04-2010 11:59 PM

Beautiful digital of the SISTINA chapel

"Magda" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden"
... So do a lot of places on the Web! Do a search.

Very stupid argument. Are you american?

As you have misunderstood my comment perhaps I should explain. I am trying
to show politely that you are being a pedant, more plainly, you are making
yourself look very stupid and small minded.

Unless you are simply a nasty vile Troll which is certainly a possibility.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden