GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another Carlsbad Ranunculus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190843-another-carlsbad-ranunculus.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 16-04-2010 10:34 AM

Another Carlsbad Ranunculus

The Carlsbad CA. Flower Fields have acres and acres of Ranunculus in
bloom. Tremendous Photo Ops for landscape and close-ups.
Bob Williams

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 16-04-2010 02:02 PM

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
The Carlsbad CA. Flower Fields have acres and acres of Ranunculus in
bloom. Tremendous Photo Ops for landscape and close-ups.
Bob Williams

100% Correct Bob.

But this is a Papaver (poppy).
--
Pat Durkin

PS - The great bulk of the fields is Ranunculus, a flower that was largely
developed there from the original wild plant with one petal and very limited
coloration to what we have today. In addition to the Ranunculus however are
gardens with roses and Poinsettias --- plus areas near the entrance where
you'll find many flowers on display including some of these Papavers.

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 16-04-2010 04:37 PM

Another Carlsbad Ranunculus

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

But this is a Papaver (poppy).

Papaver nudicaule is the full name.
--
Pat Durkin

Bob Williams[_3_] 17-04-2010 10:42 AM

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
The Carlsbad CA. Flower Fields have acres and acres of Ranunculus in
bloom. Tremendous Photo Ops for landscape and close-ups.
Bob Williams

100% Correct Bob.

But this is a Papaver (poppy).

You're right, of course.
I wrote the title and then selected the Poppy instead.
Senior Moment ;-)
Here is what I intended to send.
Bob

joevan[_3_] 17-04-2010 11:07 AM

Another Carlsbad Ranunculus - 341 ran.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:42:34 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
The Carlsbad CA. Flower Fields have acres and acres of Ranunculus in
bloom. Tremendous Photo Ops for landscape and close-ups.
Bob Williams

100% Correct Bob.

But this is a Papaver (poppy).

You're right, of course.
I wrote the title and then selected the Poppy instead.
Senior Moment ;-)
Here is what I intended to send.
Bob

I have always liked this grouup of Ranuculus.

joevan[_3_] 17-04-2010 11:07 AM

Another Carlsbad Ranunculus - 341 ran.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

joevan[_3_] 17-04-2010 11:11 AM

Another Carlsbad Ranunculus - 341 ran.jpg (1/1) - 341 ran6.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 17-04-2010 02:47 PM

Another Carlsbad Ranunculus

"Bob Williams" wrote in message

You're right, of course.
I wrote the title and then selected the Poppy instead.
Senior Moment ;-)

Yeah --- like I never have those! :o)

In fact I think I had a Senior Moment the instant that I sent my
"correction". As soon as I hit the send button I realized that was a
smart-ass thing to do, but at that point it was history and there was
nothing I could do about it.

Anyway I apologize for being such a picayune.
--
Pat Durkin

Bob Williams[_3_] 18-04-2010 11:17 AM

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote in message

You're right, of course.
I wrote the title and then selected the Poppy instead.
Senior Moment ;-)

Yeah --- like I never have those! :o)

In fact I think I had a Senior Moment the instant that I sent my
"correction". As soon as I hit the send button I realized that was a
smart-ass thing to do, but at that point it was history and there was
nothing I could do about it.

Anyway I apologize for being such a picayune.

Hey Pat,
Don't feel bad about correcting the I.D. of any picture I post.
I'm more into the craft of photographing flowers than I am into growing
them. Mama or others grows 'em and I shoot 'em. So I, not infrequently,
assign the wrong name to a picture, and I really do appreciate a
correction. How else can i learn?
We have both been on this NG for several years and we all seem to
appreciate the work of each of our members. Unlike most NGs, we don't
have any trolls or smart asses in our midst..... No apologies needed.
Bob