GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190938-id-please.html)

NanaWilson 20-04-2010 08:06 PM

ID please

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this on Sky Line Drive this past week end.

TIA
Nana

Bob Hobden[_3_] 20-04-2010 10:55 PM

ID please

"NanaWilson" wrote
Saw this on Sky Line Drive this past week end.

Looks like a Magnolia stellata.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

joevan[_3_] 20-04-2010 11:34 PM

ID please

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:55:09 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"NanaWilson" wrote
Saw this on Sky Line Drive this past week end.

Looks like a Magnolia stellata.

I think you are right and I thought I smelled something nice.

Travis 22-04-2010 05:36 AM

ID please

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:06:39 -0400, NanaWilson wrote:

Saw this on Sky Line Drive this past week end.

TIA
Nana

We call ours Star Magnolia.
'Magnolia kobus'

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Bob Hobden[_3_] 22-04-2010 05:40 PM

ID please

"Travis" wrote
, NanaWilson wrote:

Saw this on Sky Line Drive this past week end.

We call ours Star Magnolia.
'Magnolia kobus'

See...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnolia_stellata
they are so similar there is some debate as to them being separate species.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden