GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unknown (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/191007-unknown.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 22-04-2010 01:24 PM

Unknown

1 Attachment(s)
I shot this on April Fool's day but haven't posted it because I've been
searching for the name. I finally gave up --- so I'll post it anyway.
Maybe one of you can put a name on it.
--
Pat Durkin

Maroochy 22-04-2010 01:50 PM

Unknown

Paddy's Pig wrote:
I shot this on April Fool's day but haven't posted it because I've
been searching for the name. I finally gave up --- so I'll post it
anyway. Maybe one of you can put a name on it.

ALSTROEMERIA

Alstroemeria aka princess lily

joevan[_3_] 22-04-2010 02:07 PM

Unknown

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 05:24:54 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

I shot this on April Fool's day but haven't posted it because I've been
searching for the name. I finally gave up --- so I'll post it anyway.
Maybe one of you can put a name on it.

Looks like a lily.

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 22-04-2010 04:50 PM

Unknown

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Paddy's Pig wrote:

I shot this on April Fool's day but haven't posted it because I've been
searching for the name. I finally gave up --- so I'll post it anyway.
Maybe one of you can put a name on it.

ALSTROEMERIA

Alstroemeria aka princess lily

Thank you Barbara. I had the name a few years ago but lost it in a hard
drive crash and my brain is kind of "iffy" sometimes.
--
Pat Durkin

Maroochy 22-04-2010 11:08 PM

Unknown

Paddy's Pig wrote:

Thank you Barbara. I had the name a few years ago but lost it in a
hard drive crash and my brain is kind of "iffy" sometimes.

Heh, I so know the feeling.
We've just bought a small acreage, we're going to build our retirement home
on it. It's mostly bushland with some landscaping that was done years ago
and although I know the names of some of the plants on the block, damned if
I can recall the names, it's driving me crazy at the moment. I'll go up and
take some photos this weekend, so I can sit down and hopefully ID them all.
I do know there is a lot of Dutchman's Pipe vine growing there, that will
have to be poisoned and destroyed, that will be one of my first jobs.

wendy7 24-04-2010 06:09 AM

Unknown

How exciting Barbara, retiring & starting over! I loved the photos of your
tropical paradise back yard.
I am curious as to what small acreage is in Australia? *g*
Still enjoying your photography.
Cheers Wendy