Old 23-05-2010, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default A different Epiphyllum

Epiphyllum Deutsche Kaiserin
This plants hangs on our north east facing patio & blooms
faithfully every year.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
A different Epiphyllum-epiphyllum-deutschekaiserin-dsc00562.jpg
Old 23-05-2010, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 23 May 2010 12:15:29 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Epiphyllum Deutsche Kaiserin
This plants hangs on our north east facing patio & blooms
faithfully every year.
Cheers Wendy

Beautiful. I like yours better than Dodi Hamilton's big monsters.

Old 24-05-2010, 08:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Epiphyllum Deutsche Kaiserin
This plants hangs on our north east facing patio & blooms
faithfully every year.
Cheers Wendy

WOW!
Talk about a bloomer!
I've never seen so many blooms on one plant before.
Lucky You.
Bob
Old 24-05-2010, 12:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:39:54 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Thanks "joevan"
Does Dodi Hamilton grow Epiphyllums etc.? Don't know of her?
Cheers Wendy
"joevan" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 23 May 2010 12:15:29 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Epiphyllum Deutsche Kaiserin
This plants hangs on our north east facing patio & blooms
faithfully every year.
Cheers Wendy

Beautiful. I like yours better than Dodi Hamilton's big monsters.

She is the one that I posted pictures of in the flower show. Those
great round Deutsche Kaiserin plants. I was told that they were about
10 years old be her head greenhouse manager. They have a number of
full time people keeping the greenhouses going. I remember the
manager telling me that the reason for the plastic pots was so that
when they took plants into the main house, just across the lawn from
the Tudor Mansion, they had to be careful not to chip the fine vases.
If they used clay there would be danger of just that.
She is a nice person and allowed us (a group from the Horticultural
Society) to visit her numerous greenhouses. They don't sell anything
that I know about. She has beautiful flowers year round in her house,
all grown in her greenhouses. She also helps make the flower show
special. Not just her, but many others, including various clubs and
others that love plants as you and I do. Also the commercial growers,
of which my favorite is Waldor Orchids, of New Jersey. She has also
given lots to building funds and walking around you see the Hamilton
name on hospitals, and other public places. They like naming things
after her.
I have no interest in Waldor except to love their plants. Not
suggesting you buy from them. I think you already know about them.
http://www.google.com/search?q=waldo...x=&startPage=1

[IMG] code is On

A different species of Epiphyllum Wendy7 Garden Photos 1 29-05-2009 11:41 AM
Peter Ho has different ideas. With a stack of films and TV dramasunder his belt as well as proving to be a hit in Crouching Tiger, HiddenDragon, he's hoping the Bond producers will encourage a different directionwith a Chinese Bond. Dressed to impres [email protected] Gardening 0 21-04-2008 09:53 AM
OT (sort of) Epiphyllum question Weeble Orchids 19 06-09-2005 02:50 AM
Epiphyllum question Weeble Gardening 9 15-06-2005 10:12 PM
What is this plant? = Epiphyllum oxypetalum Cereoid-UR12- Plant Science 1 21-08-2003 10:32 AM