Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered User

Unhappy cordyline problem

I have a Cordyline that is about 12 feet tall and is about 18 years old. In 2009 it produced (first time) a large white spray of flowers. This year it started to do the same again and then all the leaves and the flower turned brown and now appears dead??? HELP. I have photo of it as last year and again this year
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default cordyline problem

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 12:50:57 +0000, suffolk
wrote:

I have a Cordyline that is about 12 feet tall and is about 18 years old.
In 2009 it produced (first time) a large white spray of flowers. This
year it started to do the same again and then all the leaves and the
flower turned brown and now appears dead??? HELP. I have photo of it as
last year and again this year

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/Cordylines/
Is this what you are talking about?
Read about it and you may be able to answer you own question.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"suffolk" wrote ...

I have a Cordyline that is about 12 feet tall and is about 18 years old.
In 2009 it produced (first time) a large white spray of flowers. This
year it started to do the same again and then all the leaves and the
flower turned brown and now appears dead??? HELP. I have photo of it as
last year and again this year

Assuming you are posting to this newsgroup from the UK. This has been a
strange year with a second even harder and wetter winter coupled with a very
dry and sunny spring/summer (driest spring for 80 years). A lot of plants
are suffering, even with watering, and it's probably one or all of these
factors that has caused the demise of your Cordyline. That said they usually
regrow from the trunk or roots and I've personally had one take two years to
show above ground again.
Be patient, wait and see what it does, it may sprout from the trunk, which
looks nice, and you then cut the trunk off just above the sprout, or it may
just grow again from the ground so you have to start again, or it may be
dead.

PS This is a Binary Newsgroup for garden related photos, most UK gardeners
are on the Newsgroup uk.rec.gardening which is where your question would
better asked.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

[IMG] code is On

Cordyline Australis Problem cherryredcutie United Kingdom 11 13-04-2010 05:17 PM
Cordyline problem Lintama United Kingdom 10 30-05-2009 03:19 PM
Cordyline problem? Sandy United Kingdom 4 03-07-2008 10:46 PM
Cordyline problem Steve United Kingdom 6 10-05-2005 11:29 PM
Cordyline Chris Stewart United Kingdom 4 17-11-2002 11:28 PM