Old 31-07-2010, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.

Boophane disticha (S. African lily)
I tried to get a shot every day at the same time. I would like to make a
slide show
but not sure how?
Anyhow I always enjoy this plant & when the flower dries with the seeds, it
breaks off & blows around like a tumble weed.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane_disticha_day1dsc00820.jpg   The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane_disticha_day3dsc00844.jpg   The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane_disticha_day4dsc00871.jpg   The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane_disticha_day5dsc00876.jpg   The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane_disticha_day6dsc00882.jpg

The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane_disticha_day7dsc00890.jpg
Old 31-07-2010, 06:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Here is a closeup pic of the 7th day & the darker color pink are the older
flowers.
Cheers Wendy
"Wendy7" wrote in message
Boophane disticha (S. African lily)
I tried to get a shot every day at the same time. I would like to make a
slide show
but not sure how?
Anyhow I always enjoy this plant & when the flower dries with the seeds,
it
breaks off & blows around like a tumble weed.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-boophane-disticha-day7dsc00892.jpg
Old 31-07-2010, 09:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:31:33 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Boophane disticha (S. African lily)
I tried to get a shot every day at the same time. I would like to make a
slide show
but not sure how?
Anyhow I always enjoy this plant & when the flower dries with the seeds, it
breaks off & blows around like a tumble weed.
Cheers Wendy

That is a most interesting flower. As to slide show, you can do it
with irfanview. And if you post all the pictures anyone can do it on
their computer. There are other ways too. Someone here can probably
point out a simple program to do exactly what you want.
I would like to see the different shots.
I had a program years ago that I did a slide show of daughter and her
friend and set it to music. Remember Jan Baker did one too.
I just can't remember the name of it.
Old 31-07-2010, 10:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 31/07/2010 15:34, joevan wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:31:33 -0700, wrote:

Boophane disticha (S. African lily)
I tried to get a shot every day at the same time. I would like to make a
slide show
but not sure how?
Anyhow I always enjoy this plant& when the flower dries with the seeds, it
breaks off& blows around like a tumble weed.
Cheers Wendy

That is a most interesting flower. As to slide show, you can do it
with irfanview. And if you post all the pictures anyone can do it on
their computer. There are other ways too. Someone here can probably
point out a simple program to do exactly what you want.
I would like to see the different shots.
I had a program years ago that I did a slide show of daughter and her
friend and set it to music. Remember Jan Baker did one too.
I just can't remember the name of it.

I second Irfanview, it's a free program. Making a slide show with it is
easy. You can make it as a screen saver, or as a stand-alone. Homepage
is he

http://irfanview.com/

Make sure you get all the plug-ins, too. Have fun!

wolf k.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default The 7 days of Boophane disticha blooming.-- ping Wolf K.

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:14:39 -0400, Wolf K
wrote:

[...]

Making a slide show is simple. Can you add music using the slide show
feature in irfanview. I didn't see it as an option.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

I think I found what I was looking for.

Adding music

You can have background music in your Irfanview-created slideshow...
to do this, add an MP3 music track before the slide where you want it
to start playing in the list of images. It will (by default) loop
until another MP3 file is encountered, at which point the next music
file will start playing. (If there's only one MP3 file listed as the
first file in the list, it will continue playing throughout the
slideshow, though if the slideshow is set to repeat, the song will
start over from the beginning each time the slideshow goes back to
slide #1).

Old 01-08-2010, 02:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Just for fun a slideshow - MySlideshow.exe (0/1)

I tried to make it small but the music file takes up a bit of space.
It says on the page about irfanview stuff that it can play even if you
don't have irfanview installed on your machine. It is simply an exe or
if you want you can name it scr. I seem to recall some concern for
downloading such so always scan with your virus checker.
I would perfect the sound and time lapse for a better job.
Escape button ends the program at any time.
There are 9 pictures and one sound file in this one.
The music is "sleep away" mp3.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:02:22 -0400, joevan
wrote:

I tried to make it small but the music file takes up a bit of space.
It says on the page about irfanview stuff that it can play even if you
don't have irfanview installed on your machine. It is simply an exe or
if you want you can name it scr. I seem to recall some concern for
downloading such so always scan with your virus checker.
I would perfect the sound and time lapse for a better job.
Escape button ends the program at any time.
There are 9 pictures and one sound file in this one.
The music is "sleep away" mp3.

It seems the file at 5.5 megs was just too big for my settings. I
guess it is not so important to post it here anyway. If anyone would
like to see my first attempt I could post it online somewhere for you.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks JV, I have been playing around as you have & was also contemplating
on
posting it until I glanced at the file size! Yikes!
Anyhow I made one & was trying to find some African music but
ended up with "In The Mood" *G*
Have to go & listen to Sleep Away?
Would you believe I don't have a webpage/site!
Cheers Wendy

Old 01-08-2010, 04:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

I tried to make it small but the music file takes up a bit of space.
It says on the page about irfanview stuff that it can play even if you
don't have irfanview installed on your machine. It is simply an exe or
if you want you can name it scr. I seem to recall some concern for
downloading such so always scan with your virus checker.
I would perfect the sound and time lapse for a better job.
Escape button ends the program at any time.
There are 9 pictures and one sound file in this one.
The music is "sleep away" mp3.

It seems the file at 5.5 megs was just too big for my settings. I
guess it is not so important to post it here anyway. If anyone would
like to see my first attempt I could post it online somewhere for you.

I think you gave a pretty good little tutorial, joe!

wolf k.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

I tried to make it small but the music file takes up a bit of space.
It says on the page about irfanview stuff that it can play even if you
don't have irfanview installed on your machine. It is simply an exe or
if you want you can name it scr. I seem to recall some concern for
downloading such so always scan with your virus checker.
I would perfect the sound and time lapse for a better job.
Escape button ends the program at any time.
There are 9 pictures and one sound file in this one.
The music is "sleep away" mp3.

It seems the file at 5.5 megs was just too big for my settings. I
guess it is not so important to post it here anyway. If anyone would
like to see my first attempt I could post it online somewhere for you.

I think you gave a pretty good little tutorial, joe!

wolf k.

Thanks, it is fun to see things you love, to music, it seems to
enliven them. I will try my Wendy's file to some Beatles song such as
"Here comes the Sun".
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

I used Wendy's pics with the Beatles "Here comes the Sun"
and it came out just right. When it starts a picture of a pretty rose
and a few pics later when the singing hear comes the sun starts, some
in the sun beauties of begonias etc. What fun. It is 43 meg but I did
another one with (a shortened mp3 with the help of some free programs)
and made one that is just over 2 meg. I will post it if anyone would
like to see it.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy7 View Post
Boophane disticha (S. African lily)
I tried to get a shot every day at the same time. I would like to make a
slide show
but not sure how?
Anyhow I always enjoy this plant & when the flower dries with the seeds, it
breaks off & blows around like a tumble weed.
Cheers Wendy
Amazing, what's that?
Do you like bamboo? I like bamboo flooring and bamboo craft much better!

[IMG] code is On

Remember Boophane disticha? Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 17-08-2010 01:48 AM
Day 8 of Boophane disticha Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 03-08-2010 07:38 PM
Boophane Close Up Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 02-08-2008 05:49 PM
Boophane Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 02-08-2008 05:36 PM
Boophane disticha Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 14-08-2007 03:17 AM