GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any guesses? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/193329-any-guesses.html)

thornyrose 20-08-2010 10:04 PM

Any guesses?

1 Attachment(s)
I quite like this tall, wispy plant. It reaches at least 8ft. I prune it every year. It has never flowered. It is situated in front of a thick, dense hedge and thus is in the shade, hence leaning forward for more light. What is it and which situation does it prefer? I presume a different one to where it is, otherwise it would not lean so far forward. How and when do I take cuttings from it? It is a lovely shade of green and quite different in texture to any of the other plants I have in my garden.

Sambo 20-08-2010 10:16 PM

Tamarix...tetrandra? Sun well drained soil. You could try hardwood cuttings. If it is the spring flowering form, only cut back in late spring. Needs more sun really!