GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cicada (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/193511-cicada.html)

3Putt in Coastal SC 26-08-2010 10:11 PM

Cicada

1 Attachment(s)

joevan[_3_] 26-08-2010 11:52 PM

Cicada

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:11:44 -0400, "3Putt in Coastal SC"
wrote:

We used to stick the dried up ones to our noses as kids. What fun we
had in ole Virginia.

3Putt in Coastal SC 27-08-2010 01:06 AM

Cicada

Did the same thing......I thought there was some relation to when they
start singing and x number of weeks to fall. But a Google search says
you can determine the outside temperature by how long they sing.
Never figured that out.

Mad Cow 02-09-2010 08:10 PM

Cicada

In article , 3Putt in
Coastal SC writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

So that's what they look like! Thanks for that.
I tried to find one all week when I was in Egypt.

--
Sue ]:(:)

3Putt in Coastal SC 02-09-2010 10:39 PM

Cicada

Are you sure you are not thinking of the Scarab?
Seems to be what all the tourists there were buying as charms for
their bracelets.

Mad Cow 05-09-2010 09:58 PM

Cicada

In article , 3Putt
in Coastal SC writes
Are you sure you are not thinking of the Scarab?
Seems to be what all the tourists there were buying as charms for
their bracelets.

I could hear cicadas and wanted to see one!

I don't think dung beetles are particularly noisy - maybe the odd grunt
as they push the sun over the horizon but mostly if you can't see them
you don't know they're around!

--
Sue ];(:)