GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Red Shouldered Hawk - backyard (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/194750-red-shouldered-hawk-backyard.html)

Paddy's Pig[_5_] 28-09-2010 01:39 AM

Red Shouldered Hawk - backyard

1 Attachment(s)
A rare visitor today. It's 109 deg F here today (113 in Los Angeles) and
everybody's looking for water --- including this guy. When he showed up he
immediately became an unwelcome guest as far as the other birds & animals
were concerned. They voiced their displeasure by disappearning en masse.

When I spotted him I immediately grabbed a camera and began popping shots
through the windows --- never mind the fact that my kit lens was the longest
lens I had in the house. I've never been able to get a good shot of one of
these guys. They usually don't hang around long and they don't come often,
so I wasn't taking any chances.
--
Pat Durkin

joevan[_3_] 28-09-2010 12:30 PM

Red Shouldered Hawk - backyard

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:39:06 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

A rare visitor today. It's 109 deg F here today (113 in Los Angeles) and
everybody's looking for water --- including this guy. When he showed up he
immediately became an unwelcome guest as far as the other birds & animals
were concerned. They voiced their displeasure by disappearning en masse.

When I spotted him I immediately grabbed a camera and began popping shots
through the windows --- never mind the fact that my kit lens was the longest
lens I had in the house. I've never been able to get a good shot of one of
these guys. They usually don't hang around long and they don't come often,
so I wasn't taking any chances.

Beautiful creature. Such powerful legs.