Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default White Lily-4436

I'm not sure what type of lily this is, on reflection I should have taken a
photo of the foliage as it is different to the lilies I'm familiar with, it
sort of grows in a tier and the flowers come up on a stalk similar to
Hippeastrums.

Attached Thumbnails
White Lily-4436-c-4436-whitelily-31-10-10-5d-400.jpg

Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Lovely lilies Barbara & super shots too.
Cheers Wendy

Thanks Wendy.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article "Maroochy"
bharris*REMOVE wrote:

I'm not sure what type of lily

I think it's a Crinum, not a Lily but an Amaryllis

--

09=IX
Old 03-11-2010, 04:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Garrapata wrote:

I'm not sure what type of lily

I think it's a Crinum, not a Lily but an Amaryllis

Aha, thank you!!!! Iindeed that is what it is.
I'm a little out of my comfort zone at the moment, we've recently bought a
3.5 acre block in the country. Though mostly native bushland, at some stage,
part of the block has been landscaped (very much overgrown when we bought
it) and I am finding all sorts of plants that I am not the least bit
familiar with.

Once again thank you!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Maroochy
writes
3.5 acre block in the country. Though mostly native bushland, at some stage,
part of the block has been landscaped (very much overgrown when we bought
it) and I am finding all sorts of plants that I am not the least bit
familiar with.

I'm sure everyone here would love you to post pictures for ID.

--
Sue ]
Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mad Cow wrote:
In article , Maroochy
writes
3.5 acre block in the country. Though mostly native bushland, at
some stage, part of the block has been landscaped (very much
overgrown when we bought it) and I am finding all sorts of plants
that I am not the least bit familiar with.

I'm sure everyone here would love you to post pictures for ID.

I sure I will be over the coming months. :-)