Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Time to repot my Jade Plant?

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Time to repot my Jade Plant?-jade-plant.jpg
Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 00:52:19 -0400, Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

Maybe time to pot it at the dump?

Old 06-11-2010, 04:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

It's hard to believe that it survived that long in such a small
container. Is that normal for a jade plant?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , cebo
writes
In article ,
Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

It's hard to believe that it survived that long in such a small
container. Is that normal for a jade plant?

Yes, they have small root systems.

Steve's approach to keeping it from falling over is novel: many people
put a nice heavy rock in the bottom of the pot, maybe pinch out the odd
shoot to keep the weight in the middle.

--
Sue ]

Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:21:59 -0400, cebo wrote:

In article ,
Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

It's hard to believe that it survived that long in such a small
container. Is that normal for a jade plant?

I think maybe I should post one of mine.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Time to repot my Jade Plant? - DSC_4066a.jpg (0/1)

Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

It's hard to believe that it survived that long in such a small
container. Is that normal for a jade plant?

I think maybe I should post one of mine.

Here is the base. 7 inch pot, the stalk is 8 inches in circumference
at the base.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Time to repot my Jade Plant? - DSC_4066a.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Time to repot my Jade Plant?-dsc_4066a.jpg
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Time to repot my Jade Plant? - DSC_4066a.jpg (1/1) - DSC_4065a.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 17:08:56 -0400, joevan
full ugly plant about 8 years old or so from small cuttings.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Time to repot my Jade Plant? - DSC_4066a.jpg (1/1) - DSC_4065a.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Time to repot my Jade Plant?-dsc_4065a.jpg

Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
joevan wrote:

begin 644 DSC_4065a.jpg

Now that's impressive, got to get me one and see what happens!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 11/6/2010 12:52 AM, Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

Hi to all who replied,
I sent a reply to joevan's first message (about it needing to be
repotted at the dump). I don't see it anywhere. Let me repeat and add
some more. Actually, it's in my sent box so I'll copy:
"Of course, I wasn't really looking for advice. I just wanted to share
the absurdity of the thing.
None the less, I think your suggestion is excellent. :-)

Steve "

Does anyone see that posted here the first time?

The picture shows it hanging from a piece of twine. I'm not really
growing it that way, I just put it up there for the picture, since it
can't possibly stand up on it's own.

So how did I grow it if it can't stand up? Well, someone gave it to me
several (10?) years ago. I didn't really want it. I placed it's little
pot on top of the soil of a potted hibiscus plant. The Jade plant grew
up and used the branches of the hibiscus for support.

I've been wanting to separate the 2 tangled plants and take a picture of
the Jade for a few years. It looks so ridiculous in that little pot. The
decision was pushed along when, last week, I moved something next to it
and the whole combo plant fell off its shelf. It didn't make it all the
way to the floor, but it ended up hanging upside down with the Jade
Plant falling about half way out. I held it upside down and finished the
separation. In the accident, several parts of the Jade Plant broke off,
so the plant was actually even bigger than what the picture shows.

Steve
Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

Use it for cuttings
Cut everything off of the trunk and use all of the branches for
cuttings.
Leave about six or eight inches of the trunk and repot it in a six inch
clay pot.
Give it lots more light
Old 07-11-2010, 12:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 00:38:30 -0400, Steve wrote:

[...]

It was a joke on my part, and yes those things are easily broken. They
can go a long time without water and or take water often. Too often
and it causes pieces to fall off, I discovered. Mine too was bigger
and was retrieved at least once from a falling to the floor.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 11/7/2010 3:52 AM, Garrapata wrote:
In Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

Use it for cuttings
Cut everything off of the trunk and use all of the branches for
cuttings.
Leave about six or eight inches of the trunk and repot it in a six inch
clay pot.
Give it lots more light

No, I didn't want the thing in the first place. I certainly don't want a
bunch more of them. I might play around with it and do some pruning to
see if I can shrink it considerably.

[IMG] code is On

Time to repot tomatoes? BigKev Edible Gardening 17 12-06-2011 09:38 AM
To Repot or Not to Repot Jane Orchids 5 01-09-2008 05:31 PM
To repot or not to repot, that is the question Jane Orchids 21 03-04-2007 06:32 AM
when's the best time to repot a lycaste? Jerry Hoffmeister Orchids 4 29-12-2003 05:04 PM
Jade plant Tom Markert Plant Biology 3 26-02-2003 05:34 AM