GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A little grafting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/197490-little-grafting.html)

Willi 05-02-2011 07:36 PM

A little grafting

1 Attachment(s)
I grafted a plum-tree in January. Success will show whether I chose the
right time.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...m_grafting.jpg
[800x800px 50.6 KB]

Bob Hobden[_3_] 06-02-2011 02:17 PM

A little grafting

"Willi" wrote

I grafted a plum-tree in January. Success will show whether I chose the
right time.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...m_grafting.jpg
[800x800px 50.6 KB]

So what plum or plums did you graft onto what stock?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Willi 06-02-2011 11:02 PM

A little grafting

Am 06.02.2011 15:17, schrieb Bob Hobden:

"Willi" wrote

I grafted a plum-tree in January. Success will show whether I chose the
right time.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...m_grafting.jpg
[800x800px 50.6 KB]

So what plum or plums did you graft onto what stock?

A very old variety. Actually the whole thing is a shrub that grew from
the roots of an old plum-tree. It has nice flowers in spring and
yellow/green edible fruits in late summer. I think it is a 'Prunus
myrobalane'. The twigs, that I grafted on, are from that very tree that
has been on these roots. I took scions some years ago and inoculated
them on a seedling. This tree is the source of the new scions. The old
tree has died in the meantime (You see the upper part of the broken
trunk in the background).

I did more graftings in January (plums and peaches). If one or more will
be sprouting, I'll send another picture.

Thanks for being interested.

Wolf K[_2_] 19-02-2011 02:46 PM

A little grafting

On 05/02/2011 2:36 PM, Willi wrote:
I grafted a plum-tree in January. Success will show whether I chose the
right time.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...m_grafting.jpg
[800x800px 50.6 KB]

You know , Willi, a thumb-nail picture is kinda small...

Wolf K.

joevan[_3_] 20-02-2011 12:13 AM

A little grafting

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:46:01 -0500, Wolf K
wrote:

On 05/02/2011 2:36 PM, Willi wrote:
I grafted a plum-tree in January. Success will show whether I chose the
right time.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...m_grafting.jpg
[800x800px 50.6 KB]

You know , Willi, a thumb-nail picture is kinda small...

Wolf K.

The link provides a nice size picture. Or is there something I am
missing.
Seems to me Willi is trying to keep it easy on some by not posting big
pictures but letting the down loader decide if the picture is worth
seeing more of. Let me know if I am off base.

Wolf K[_2_] 20-02-2011 03:27 AM

A little grafting

On 19/02/2011 7:13 PM, joevan wrote:
Seems to me Willi is trying to keep it easy on some by not posting big
pictures but letting the down loader decide if the picture is worth
seeing more of.

That's possible.

Let me know if I am off base.

Don't know, see what Willi says (if anything).

Wolf K.