Old 23-03-2011, 03:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae

Wildflower - not usually considered a garden flower.

Attached Thumbnails
Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae-scientific-name-eschsclozia-californica-common-name-california-poppy-family-name-papavaraceae.jpg
Old 23-03-2011, 08:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote ...

Wildflower - not usually considered a garden flower.

It is over this side of the pond. :-)
Excellent flower for those "Cottage Gardens" and wonderful for covering
ground in sunny places.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-03-2011, 02:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Paddy's Pig" wrote ...

Wildflower - not usually considered a garden flower.

It is over this side of the pond. :-)
Excellent flower for those "Cottage Gardens" and wonderful for covering
ground in sunny places.

Yeah. I realized after I'd posted it that that comment was misleading. The
truth is that you'll see them landscaped into a lot of gardens over here
too. But it's a native plant.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 23-03-2011, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Yeah. I realized after I'd posted it that that comment was misleading. The
truth is that you'll see them landscaped into a lot of gardens over here
too. But it's a native plant.

One of the first things I do when we move to a new place is to scatter
some Cal. Poppy seed
--
Monterey, California
USDA Zone 9
Old 23-03-2011, 06:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 23/03/2011 4:19 AM, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote ...

Wildflower - not usually considered a garden flower.

It is over this side of the pond. :-)
Excellent flower for those "Cottage Gardens" and wonderful for covering
ground in sunny places.

One region's wild flowers are another region's garden flowers.

Wolf K.