Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default pheasants back

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...quamosus-0.jpg

I found these in my garden on a walnut-tree (The piece of wood had
already broken off the tree). I didn't know them before. They're said to
be edible and I did. I cut one into slices and dried these in the oven.
During this procedure they smell like socks worn one month in summer.
When they're thouroughly dry the smell isn't that intense anymore. I
tried bits of them as seasoning for soup. I was surprised. They give it
a really nice flavour.

Attached Thumbnails
pheasants back-polyporus_squamosus-0.jpg
Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 03 May 2011 00:45:42 +0200, Willi wrote:

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...quamosus-0.jpg

I found these in my garden on a walnut-tree (The piece of wood had
already broken off the tree). I didn't know them before. They're said to
be edible and I did. I cut one into slices and dried these in the oven.
During this procedure they smell like socks worn one month in summer.
When they're thouroughly dry the smell isn't that intense anymore. I
tried bits of them as seasoning for soup. I was surprised. They give it
a really nice flavour.

Nice to look at too. Thanks for the information.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 03.05.2011 01:00, schrieb joevan:
On Tue, 03 May 2011 00:45:42 +0200, wrote:

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...quamosus-0.jpg

I found these in my garden on a walnut-tree (The piece of wood had
already broken off the tree). I didn't know them before. They're said to
be edible and I did. I cut one into slices and dried these in the oven.
During this procedure they smell like socks worn one month in summer.
When they're thouroughly dry the smell isn't that intense anymore. I
tried bits of them as seasoning for soup. I was surprised. They give it
a really nice flavour.

Nice to look at too. Thanks for the information.

You're welcome.
Culinary experiments with mushrooms is a thing I normally don't make.
But I've read that one can hardly mistake them for other mushrooms and
the pictures I took looked so very like those in the internet, so I made
an exception.
G Willi