GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unknown Flower-6762 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/197757-unknown-flower-6762-a.html)

Maroochy[_3_] 09-05-2011 12:17 AM

Unknown Flower-6762

1 Attachment(s)
I have no idea what this vine is, it's growing in bushland, just outside our
fence, I'm not sure if it's an introduced weed or a native. The leaves and
flower resemble a passionfruit, except for the hairy flower bud.

Amos Nomore 09-05-2011 12:43 AM

Unknown Flower-6762

In article ,
"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote:

I have no idea what this vine is, it's growing in bushland, just outside our
fence, I'm not sure if it's an introduced weed or a native. The leaves and
flower resemble a passionfruit, except for the hairy flower bud.

begin 666 c-6762-unknownflower-08-05-11-5d-400.jpg
[Image]

It looks like a wild water lemon, Passiflora foetida, which is native to
my neck of the woods (SW US). Crush a leaf and see how it smells.
Pretty picture.

Maroochy[_3_] 09-05-2011 05:17 AM

Unknown Flower-6762

Amos Nomore wrote:

It looks like a wild water lemon, Passiflora foetida, which is native
to my neck of the woods (SW US). Crush a leaf and see how it smells.
Pretty picture.

Thank you, a quick check of Google and yes it does seem to be that, which
means I will eradicate it, as it is not a native plant, but and introduced
weed (I'm in Australia) I'll check out the leaves next weekend when I go
back up there, just to make to make sure. Once again...thank you.