GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cacti identification please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/197769-cacti-identification-please.html)

Bob Hobden[_3_] 12-05-2011 01:33 PM

Cacti identification please

Had this Cactus for about 40 years, given to me by an elderly lady who said
she could not get it to flower. The original large plant flowered a couple
of years ago whilst we were away (Sod's law!!) but now the offshoot is
flowering. Anyone with knowledge of cacti know what this is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...57626703667192
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Willi 12-05-2011 05:00 PM

Am 12.05.2011 14:33, schrieb Bob Hobden:
Had this Cactus for about 40 years, given to me by an elderly lady who
said she could not get it to flower. The original large plant flowered a
couple of years ago whilst we were away (Sod's law!!) but now the
offshoot is flowering. Anyone with knowledge of cacti know what this is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...57626703667192

Very nice. It might be a variety of Echinopsis (maximiliana?).

Greets Willi

joevan[_3_] 12-05-2011 05:43 PM

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:00:08 +0200, Willi wrote:

Am 12.05.2011 14:33, schrieb Bob Hobden:
Had this Cactus for about 40 years, given to me by an elderly lady who
said she could not get it to flower. The original large plant flowered a
couple of years ago whilst we were away (Sod's law!!) but now the
offshoot is flowering. Anyone with knowledge of cacti know what this is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...57626703667192

Very nice. It might be a variety of Echinopsis (maximiliana?).

Greets Willi

It looks like some here.
http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/LOB...a_v_westii.htm

joevan[_3_] 12-05-2011 05:46 PM

Cacti identification please

On Thu, 12 May 2011 12:43:27 -0400, joevan
wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:00:08 +0200, Willi wrote:

Am 12.05.2011 14:33, schrieb Bob Hobden:
Had this Cactus for about 40 years, given to me by an elderly lady who
said she could not get it to flower. The original large plant flowered a
couple of years ago whilst we were away (Sod's law!!) but now the
offshoot is flowering. Anyone with knowledge of cacti know what this is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...57626703667192

Very nice. It might be a variety of Echinopsis (maximiliana?).

Greets Willi

It looks like some here.
http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/LOB...a_v_westii.htm

Then there are these, and aren't they pretty things.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 13-05-2011 05:14 PM

Cacti identification please

"Bob Hobden" wrote ...

Had this Cactus for about 40 years, given to me by an elderly lady who
said she could not get it to flower. The original large plant flowered a
couple of years ago whilst we were away (Sod's law!!) but now the offshoot
is flowering. Anyone with knowledge of cacti know what this is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...57626703667192

I've now uploaded some photos of the flower from the side to show the hairs
on the stalk as I'm told that will help in the ID.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden